The North Face – Floor Supervisor
OKC Outlets – Oklahoma City, OK
To Apply, CLICK HERE
The North Face, a VF Company
At The North Face we dare to lead the world forward through Exploration. We were born to Explore. We were born to Disrupt. We were born to Lead.
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. Founded in the counterculture of Berkeley, CA in 1966 we have a long and storied legacy of enabling exploration, loving and protecting wild places, and creating iconic and technically advanced products.
We believe that exploration is a mindset – both on the mountain and off the mountain – and it infuses everything we do. As a community of explorers, we stay curious about new ideas, places, and people.
Love wild places
Dare to disrupt
Lead with integrity
By joining The North Face, you will help provide the best gear for our athletes and the modern-day explorer. You will also have the opportunity, tools and environment to more deeply explore the world around you and make meaningful, lasting connections.
What You Will Do
The Lead Guide will direct, develop and motivate a team of brand advocates, ensuring a consistent best-in-class customer experience that aligns with our brand purpose and values. The Lead Guide partners with the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager to maximize profitability by ensuring that customer engagement, merchandising, operations, and community connection are all consistent and in compliance with company standards. You will assume an active role in your own cross-functional development through the brand’s quarterly DOR rotations and Module-Based Leadership Training Program.
How You Will Make A Difference
• Brand Experience/Customer Experience: Coaches and develops staff to exceed individual and store productivity goals; coaches and develops staff to provide exceptional customer service by building a loyal customer base, understanding customer needs and engaging customers in conversation around The North Face products, activities and local community; acts as a Customer Experience Coach (Manager on Duty) and supervises floor coverage and activities, including opening and closing store as scheduled; achieves individual productivity goals.
• Training and Coaching Team: in partnership with Store Manager, provides the leadership to ensure thorough training and ongoing development of store staff in customer engagement, product and activity-based knowledge and all company programs, policies and procedures; monitor and maintain compliance of all company policies and procedures and communicate/educate all team members; fosters an environment of development and accountability
• Operations: Supports the Store Manager in achieving all financial and operational objectives including expense control, Loss Prevention, store audits, and weekly reports; assists in the creation and maintenance of positive employee relations through building, developing, and leading a quality store team
• Visual Merchandising: partners with the Store Manager on the implementation of visual merchandising directives and maintains standards consistent with company brand strategies; ensures merchandise on selling floor is replenished appropriately.
• Loss Prevention, Safety, and Compliance: Partners with the Store Manager to ensure compliance and adherence to policies and procedures, standards and practices, and company directives. Protects company assets. Ensures compliance with company safety, security, and shrink avoidance policies and programs. Partners with Loss Prevention partners to identify trends and translate strategies into action to meet district and company shrink goals. Reacts quickly to all customer and employee injuries and partners with Store Manager, District Manager and Human Resources immediately.
• Professional Conduct: Models behavior that respects the background, experience, and cultural differences of others, while upholding the integrity and values of the VF Corporation and the brand. Promotes an environment that encourages participation, creativity, and learning by sharing best practices and building on the ideas of others.
What You Bring
• 1 or more year(s) of store management experience in a fast-paced, highly engaging retail environment
• Experience in a specialty retail environment, outdoor apparel industry or experience with outdoor equipment sales preferred.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Proven ability to meet and exceed sales results
• Proven ability to meet business goals by driving results through store team
• Willingness and desire to learn and to share knowledge of product, local community, experiences and activities relevant to the store’s customer base
• Ability and desire to provide a highly engaging customer experience through individual service, conversation and relationship building
• Regularly interacts with the public in an often crowded and noisy interactive store environment
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Excellent decision-making ability in a fast-paced environment
• Detail orientated and excellent organization skills
• Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and software programs
• Proven ability in leading the delivery of a high level of customer service in a retail environment
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; will require weekends, evenings, and holidays
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb and balance. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus
NEVER STOP EXPLORING™
To Apply, CLICK HERE